box too small for a heat pack?

greystreet41

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
275
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interior 6 x 4 1/2 x 3"
exterior 8 x 6 1/2 x 5"

it's the smallest insulated box uline has.
Has anyone shipped this with a heat pack? I shipped one last summer with a cool pack and I think it got too cold.
tia,
casey
 
I have shipped many times with a heat pack in this exact box.
 
I have tons of this exact box as well. I use it only when shipping to warmer states and can use a 8-12 hour heat pack. Weather has to look good at both the destination and the sort facility if you go this route. If it gets hung up at a sort and arrives to late all will be lost.

It is my feeling that a 24 hour heat pack will "cook" your coral in such a small box until it runs out of air and then you will nicely chill your corals after that.

Go for the next size up to be safe!
 
I have tons of this exact box as well. I use it only when shipping to warmer states and can use a 8-12 hour heat pack. Weather has to look good at both the destination and the sort facility if you go this route. If it gets hung up at a sort and arrives to late all will be lost.

It is my feeling that a 24 hour heat pack will "cook" your coral in such a small box until it runs out of air and then you will nicely chill your corals after that.

Go for the next size up to be safe!
\\

I agree, Todd knows his shipping.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new