Boxing Boxfish: Longhorn Cowfish vs. Cubicus Boxfish!

Longhorn Cowfish vs. Cubicus Boxfish! Which do you prefer?

  • Longhorn Cowfish!

    Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Cubicus Boxfish!

    Votes: 30 47.6%
  • That is an impossible decision!

    Votes: 7 11.1%

  • Total voters
    63

AlyciaMarie

Official R2R Hype Girl
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2024
Messages
5,789
Reaction score
15,510
Location
Chattanooga
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, this has to be one of the cutest battles we've had thus far...

Boxing Boxfish: Longhorn Cowfish vs. Cubicus Boxfish! Which do you prefer?

Versus-17.png
 
I've always liked the look of the cubicus boxfish!
 
Hate to say this but neither should be in the hobby. Attractive they are but rarely survive and few make it long term in captivity. I sold these at my LFS and neither had high success rates when purchased. Both require optimum water quality and if you get them to eat, they eat aggressively
 
Hate to say this but neither should be in the hobby. Attractive they are but rarely survive and few make it long term in captivity. I sold these at my LFS and neither had high success rates when purchased. Both require optimum water quality and if you get them to eat, they eat aggressively
^
 
was a difficult choice, so i based it off a video i saw on IG of a longhorn being found in the wild by a man, to which the longhorn kept swimming towards the man, and the man would pick it up and toss it in the water only for it to swim back to the man. adorable.
 
Hate to say this but neither should be in the hobby. Attractive they are but rarely survive and few make it long term in captivity. I sold these at my LFS and neither had high success rates when purchased. Both require optimum water quality and if you get them to eat, they eat aggressively
And both are ugly.
 
Boxfish any day. I’ve had this guy for 2.5 years. Got it when it was a baby. Besides the occasional biting in the arm, it’s been a model citizen.
IMG_4785.jpeg
IMG_4792.jpeg
 
Okay, this has to be one of the cutest battles we've had thus far...

Boxing Boxfish: Longhorn Cowfish vs. Cubicus Boxfish! Which do you prefer?

Versus-17.png
I had the most awesome cubicus!! He ate of my hand and let me pet him… until he got caught in a power head and nuked the entire tank. Killed everything… but otherwise great fish!! I named him and I never name fish. He was SpongeBob Square fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new