Bozo's

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has good solid info regarding the bozos birthday paly. Ive just recent acquired one and apparently they are super hard to find thus no info on them that i could find. Here's my specieman followed by big r corals stock photo
50012313c88a3b5330883c06d508bfb1.jpg
fbb4bdd6fb4f838c26a21a544a3c8ed4.jpg

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any info on flow and light for growth and best color. And if anyone has any info on growth rate that'd be great info aswell.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has good solid info regarding the bozos birthday paly. Ive just recent acquired one and apparently they are super hard to find thus no info on them that i could find. Here's my specieman followed by big r corals stock photo
50012313c88a3b5330883c06d508bfb1.jpg
fbb4bdd6fb4f838c26a21a544a3c8ed4.jpg
Looks great! Congrats!
How large do the individual polyps get?

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone forgive my photography skills. This guy is hard to truly capture colors on. But the big r corals photo is close to what it is in person. The skirt is incredible with confetti like coloration. Reminds of a very high end scoly in paly form truely unique.

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i seen that but im looking for more input. As with everything the more data data points you input the more accurate your end value will be.

Benpastw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
After having this for a few months, I was wondering if you had any new info on it? Is it a fast or slow grower? How many heads do you have on your colony now? Noticed feeding or any water parameters that it seems to do better in?

Benpastw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
After having this paly for a few months have you figured out any new info about it? Is it a fast/slow grower? How many heads are on your colony now? Is it really finicky and closes randomly or pretty well tempered and always open? How big is the head size? Do you have any new pics?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, There’s just nowhere to find any of this info and you’re probably one of a very few number of people who can answer these questions. Thank you in advance!!!

joetbs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that's pretty similar, can never get the colors right on a pic though. Cool polyp, doesn't seem to grow very fast.

DSC_0188 (1).jpg

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late response the colony now has 3 heads small for what they should be they seem to always be open but definitely a slow grower thus the price they are commanding now. I seen two polyps listed today for 325. I think light is the biggest factor for these guys mine are flat to the rock no exstention and i cant figure out why. By far the most difficult paly ive ever kept.
After having this paly for a few months have you figured out any new info about it? Is it a fast/slow grower? How many heads are on your colony now? Is it really finicky and closes randomly or pretty well tempered and always open? How big is the head size? Do you have any new pics?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, There’s just nowhere to find any of this info and you’re probably one of a very few number of people who can answer these questions. Thank you in advance!!!

jason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late response the colony now has 3 heads small for what they should be they seem to always be open but definitely a slow grower thus the price they are commanding now. I seen two polyps listed today for 325. I think light is the biggest factor for these guys mine are flat to the rock no exstention and i cant figure out why. By far the most difficult paly ive ever kept.

Usually flat to the rocks mean their under high lighting. That's based on polyps that are extended due to low lighting. That's just my experience

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually flat to the rocks mean their under high lighting. That's based on polyps that are extended due to low lighting. That's just my experience
Low light or high light it does the same thing thus the confusion on what really makes it happy.

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low light or high light it does the same thing thus the confusion on what really makes it happy.
Can you share your water parameter and feeding schedule /type? Just curious. Your post help to solidify a my next high end purchase. If I can find one

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk9.3
calcium 450
Nitrates between 0-5
Phosphate undetectable
Temp 78.5
Salinity 1.025
Running hydra 52s on ab+ program

I think i have finally found a spot that the bozos like they are fully open all the time and no so flat. Still slightly flat but much improved.

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have anthias so i feed a mysis or other meaty foods 2-3 times daily and reef chilli every other day and lps pellets as needed to target feed.

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bozos, they took a while to get going but now produce polyps like crazy. My mini colony produced 2-3 frags a month for the last 3 months. I sell them for around $200/each but usually give 2 polyps or one with several babies.

Polyp Addict

Got Polyps?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bozos, they took a while to get going but now produce polyps like crazy. My mini colony produced 2-3 frags a month for the last 3 months. I sell them for around $200/each but usually give 2 polyps or one with several babies.

Yes beautiful frags, just received my yesterday, opened up quickly, thanks!

E3388DB4-56EC-4E6E-B70D-D96AB0B32852.jpeg

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice mine seems to be gearing up now 200 for 2 what a deal i see people charging 300 for 1

It's definitely rare enough still that its worth $300PP.. It will take a while to come down in price too, so if you sell or trade zoas alot its a solid buy even at $300PP.. I'm actually upping my price due to demand. Lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back