Braced Red Sea Reefers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CaptiveBredFred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
So I have read, and seen on Youtube videos from Japanese LFSs that they have access to recessed eurobraced Reefers, such as the ones pictured here. I imagine this is because the Japanese archipelago is extremely prone to earthquakes.

I am getting a new tank soon, and I like Red Sea products and have been using them for years. However, I am afraid of the recent Reefer failures that have been reported lately, and the open-top unbraced glass box on an Ikea-style user-assembled stand in an earthquake-prone area has my wife scared as well.

I also hate splashing water over the top of the rimless systems with my magnetic cleaner, and this would seem to solve that as well.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get these in North America? Particularly on the west coast where earthquakes are not uncommon.

Thanks!

RedSea Japan Bracing.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet would be to contact Red Sea directly. Have you looked at Innovative Marine tanks? There larger tanks are Eurobraced on aluminum framed stands.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Braced aquariums like this would be nice in CA where shakes can end up with a good amount of water on the floor...

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the IM suggestion. I have a REEFER, and while it's a nice tank, I much prefer my new IM EXT tank and stand. Having the overflow on the outside and being able to use regular old schedule 40 is great. No modding cheap, flimsy, metric plumbing, and the aluminum stand is SOLID.

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the IM suggestion. I have a REEFER, and while it's a nice tank, I much prefer my new IM EXT tank and stand. Having the overflow on the outside and being able to use regular old schedule 40 is great. No modding cheap, flimsy, metric plumbing, and the aluminum stand is SOLID.

that’s something I notice with 90% of aquarium stands. I walk by them and they vibrate the whole tank bc they are flimsy. If IM made a stand 36x18 I’d get it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 114 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back