• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Branching hammer colony

lyscer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a branching hammer colony that I’ve had for years and I have someone that may be interested in buying half of it but I have no idea how to price it. Any help is appreciated.

The fully open picture is what it looked like before I cut it in half. The other picture is to try and help get an idea of how many heads the half has.

85A475B9-19FA-4D68-AC6F-D61E484810C0.jpeg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! Wish mine grew like that! From what I’ve seen recently, for the more common color euphyllia, it’s $25-60 per head... some price it per head regardless of how many are in a colony and others give a little discount for larger pieces (a little less per head). I would expect to see the colony in the second pic listed for $400 or more. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lyscer

lyscer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, the growth is from 3 heads in 6 years (I have fragged off a couple of pieces in that time frame but not too many)

Thanks for the info... I just counted them up and it looks like it has about 24 heads. My larger one has 41 heads.... I was guessing it had 35 total so I was way off!

On a side note, any idea how much octospawn goes for per head? You can see it in the bottom left of the last picture. I think that colony has like 40 heads..

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I sell mine for 25$ a head unless you by "x" amount of heads then drop it to 20$. I find this to be a good price for my green stem purple tip hammers. Hope this helps.

Back