Branching Hydroids in my tank!!

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am having a lot of trouble with my tank. It’s been up for about 6 months and we have a ton of different algae’s and now we have branching hydroids to deal with as well. I will try Flux RX for the Byropsis but I was wondering if Flux RX would affect the branching hydroids. I have no idea how to deal with them other than starving them, and trying Kalk paste. I DO NOT want to try Bendazole because I heard it doesn’t work sometimes and it kills most soft corals and gsp and some inverts. If you have any other suggestions of what would work to kill the hydroids, please let me know!! Any help is helpful, so please let me know what you think.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked the same question sometime ago and was told Dolabella Sea Hare and Pygmy Cherub "could" go after them. I was also looking for a more natural solution. Mine disappeared but I had a bubble algae, dino and aiptasia explosion so those might have outcompete them. That's what I think happened.

Attachments

• Hydroids (2).jpg
    Hydroids (2).jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Hydroids.jpg
    Hydroids.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 479
OP
OP
Anak’s Reef

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked the same question sometime ago and was told Dolabella Sea Hare and Pygmy Cherub "could" go after them. I was also looking for a more natural solution. Mine disappeared but I had a bubble algae, dino and aiptasia explosion so those might have outcompete them. That's what I think happened.
Yeah everything I’ve heard of for fish/inverts have been a “could” factor, and my tank is only 20g and my tank is full. I have 2 clowns, a royal gramma, a baby mandarin, fire shrimp and cleaner shrimp.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back