Brand New 2 Reefing

Y0U

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2026
Messages
63
Reaction score
55
Location
Norfolk
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, I won a $5 raffle at my LFS and won a Maxspect Dice 12g Nano AIO tank with the Maxspect MJ-L165 light. I set it up 2-3 weeks ago with 10lbs of live sand, 6.5 lbs of live rock. Currently stocked in the tank, 3 small hermits, 1 small red emerald crab, 1 small phantom clown fish.

Ideas for future stockings (I'm flexible):
I would like to add (one at a time) another clown fish (the phantom looks lonely), 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 blue legged hermits, 1 turbo snail. Please let me know if any of this sounds like a big mistake.

Final stocking :
2 Ocellaris clown fish
5 hermits (2 blue, 3 red)
1 red emerald crab
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 turbo snail

I will try to add some pictures of it soon.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

That's a nice score on the raffle win!

You'll generally get more "welcome!" replies than advice in this section of the forum, so I'd suggest reposting your questions in one of the more active forums and I'm sure you'll get more replies to your concerns 🙂

Good luck with your tank!
 
Good morning, I won a $5 raffle at my LFS and won a Maxspect Dice 12g Nano AIO tank with the Maxspect MJ-L165 light. I set it up 2-3 weeks ago with 10lbs of live sand, 6.5 lbs of live rock. Currently stocked in the tank, 3 small hermits, 1 small red emerald crab, 1 small phantom clown fish.

Ideas for future stockings (I'm flexible):
I would like to add (one at a time) another clown fish (the phantom looks lonely), 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 blue legged hermits, 1 turbo snail. Please let me know if any of this sounds like a big mistake.

Final stocking :
2 Ocellaris clown fish
5 hermits (2 blue, 3 red)
1 red emerald crab
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 turbo snail

I will try to add some pictures of it soon.
Welcome to the forums!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Good morning, I won a $5 raffle at my LFS and won a Maxspect Dice 12g Nano AIO tank with the Maxspect MJ-L165 light. I set it up 2-3 weeks ago with 10lbs of live sand, 6.5 lbs of live rock. Currently stocked in the tank, 3 small hermits, 1 small red emerald crab, 1 small phantom clown fish.

Ideas for future stockings (I'm flexible):
I would like to add (one at a time) another clown fish (the phantom looks lonely), 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 blue legged hermits, 1 turbo snail. Please let me know if any of this sounds like a big mistake.

Final stocking :
2 Ocellaris clown fish
5 hermits (2 blue, 3 red)
1 red emerald crab
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 turbo snail

I will try to add some pictures of it soon.

Welcome to Reef2Reef, Looking forward to seeing your tank!
Good morning, I won a $5 raffle at my LFS and won a Maxspect Dice 12g Nano AIO tank with the Maxspect MJ-L165 light. I set it up 2-3 weeks ago with 10lbs of live sand, 6.5 lbs of live rock. Currently stocked in the tank, 3 small hermits, 1 small red emerald crab, 1 small phantom clown fish.

Ideas for future stockings (I'm flexible):
I would like to add (one at a time) another clown fish (the phantom looks lonely), 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 blue legged hermits, 1 turbo snail. Please let me know if any of this sounds like a big mistake.

Final stocking :
2 Ocellaris clown fish
5 hermits (2 blue, 3 red)
1 red emerald crab
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 turbo snail

I will try to add some pictures of it soon.
Here are some pics of the tank.
 

Attachments

  • Image (8).jpg
    Image (8).jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Image (10).jpg
    Image (10).jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Image (11).jpg
    Image (11).jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Image (12).jpg
    Image (12).jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Image (13).jpg
    Image (13).jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 23
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

That's a nice score on the raffle win!

You'll generally get more "welcome!" replies than advice in this section of the forum, so I'd suggest reposting your questions in one of the more active forums and I'm sure you'll get more replies to your concerns 🙂

Good luck with your tank!
Thank you for the advice. I’m working on finding my way around r2r.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new