Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my brother manages a team for a mega bank in charge of billions in Fed fund futures globally. He has short hair now. I toy around on a big activity board for entertainment’s sake, but they pay me well for it.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I feel like an education, and what kind of person you are matters more than hair.
It does!! We had a local mom call the police recently to report an older couple sitting on the bench yelling at children. The recording was played back and she was truly just being a (insert your own adjective)! Towards the end she realizes and says wait... do they.... oh they have kids here.
Was grandparents taking their grandchildren to the playground and thats who they were actually speaking/yelling to.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it's on my mind because a good friend said some things about boys and long hair that really bothered me. She indicated I'm a bad mom because I allow it.

I really hope you indicated she should go pound sand.

I guess I feel like an education, and what kind of person you are matters more than hair.

In my experience, education, in general, has very little to do with it either. Two of the smartest people I have ever known had little education. One had to quit school, to work on the family farm, in 7th grade. The other didn't make it through high school because of, by today's standards, a mental disability. Not only were/are they ultra-smart, they're maybe the kindest guys I have known. Additionally, I have known some very highly educated people who have proven to be really selfish, self-serving **********.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having been a single parent to two boys, I can tell you the hair doesn't matter as to what kind of person they will be. Both of mine had long hair at one point or another and I truly believe that, despite my terrible efforts, they turned out to be great young men.

I can, however, tell you it definitely matters when getting a job. Both of them couldn't get a job until they cut their hair. It may be small town but that's how it is around here. Also, in the business world in which I have been involved, it's frowned upon to have long hair, dyed hair, piercings, etc. Oddly enough though, tattoos are fine as long as they aren't on your face or neck. Go figure.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all just made me laugh. Yes, I stood my ground. I may have even lost a friend.
Women are not always nice to each other. Glad you stood up for yourself. Not surprised

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all just made me laugh. Yes, I stood my ground. I may have even lost a friend.

I humbly submit that no one needs a friend of her substance.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Having been a single parent to two boys, I can tell you the hair doesn't matter as to what kind of person they will be. Both of mine had long hair at one point or another and I truly believe that, despite my terrible efforts, they turned out to be great young men.

I can, however, tell you it definitely matters when getting a job. Both of them couldn't get a job until they cut their hair. It may be small town but that's how it is around here. Also, in the business world in which I have been involved, it's frowned upon to have long hair, dyed hair, piercings, etc. Oddly enough though, tattoos are fine as long as they aren't on your face or neck. Go figure.
It's the same here too.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope you indicated she should go pound sand.

In my experience, education, in general, has very little to do with it either. Two of the smartest people I have ever known had little education. One had to quit school, to work on the family farm, in 7th grade. The other didn't make it through high school because of, by today's standards, a mental disability. Not only were/are they ultra-smart, they're maybe the kindest guys I have known. Additionally, I have known some very highly educated people who have proven to be really selfish, self-serving **********.

World was built before education. If you don’t have it school won’t give it to you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back