Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I target feed my frogspawn and hammer every other day with Sustainable Aquatics Clearly Complete pellet fish food, the small .8mm size. Corals love it!!
Never had a euphyllia respond to feeding. Food just falls out of the tentacles. Acans and trachy, yes.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to love it and I will give it a month. I do not target feed corals really any more. Only if they appear to be struggling.
My lobo gets target feed couple times a week. I read they need it.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a euphyllia respond to feeding. Food just falls out of the tentacles. Acans and trachy, yes.
My frogspawn tentacles grab the food and it will close up like an anemone then it's back to normal few minutes later when full flow turns back on after feeding mode on the mp10&40.
I don't know if it helps the frogspawn but it hasn't hurt it, I can tell that.
Before my duncans got BJD they would eat the same food every other day too, and grew from feeding. RIP duncans.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
My frogspawn tentacles grab the food and it will close up like an anemone then it's back to normal few minutes later when full flow turns back on after feeding mode on the mp10&40.
I don't know if it helps the frogspawn but it hasn't hurt it, I can tell that.
Before my duncans got BJD they would eat the same food every other day too, and grew from feeding. RIP duncans.
I have a colony of duncans I'm trying to save. Too long in the Reefer getting nipped at by two angels and a butterfly. I haven't had duncans in my tank for a long time.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

I have a colony of duncans I'm trying to save. Too long in the Reefer getting nipped at by two angels and a butterfly. I haven't had duncans in my tank for a long time.
They're so hardy and easy to keep but seems they become prey to fish and/or disease for some reason

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're so hardy and easy to keep but seems they become prey to fish and/or disease for some reason
Yep, I thought they would be ok, but that's just gonna be a FOWLR tank. Maybe some mushrooms. The frogspawn was doing well, but I moved it to my tank as well. Gonna focus on just one coral tank.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden do you still have smiley.
Yes :D
20191101_122505.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*back story* @Robin Haselden used black sand in a build. Turned out the sand contained medals that leatched out. The heavy metal poising. Took a lot to figure out. A sample was mailed and tested. I don't remember who tested.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*back story* @Robin Haselden used black sand in a build. Turned out the sand contained medals that leatched out. The heavy metal poising. Took a lot to figure out. A sample was mailed and tested. I don't remember who tested.
@Brew12 was kind enough to run it thru an electron microscope at his job. The sand by then had mostly leached out, but traces of vanadium and large deposits of nickel were found. The two metals I have the most of were vanadium and nickel. I have since learned that vanadium is easily dissolved in salt water, so it came out first amd in the most toxic quantities. Over 2000ppm at its highest concentration if I remember.

This is the thread that documented my ICP results and the electron microscope results.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back