Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

1495745520145-1799574335.jpg
 
I have an empty tank and a piece of dead coral. I have a heater that was handed down with the tank. I'm confused with live sand and live coral. What would you use as a substrate that might have benefits to help keep the tank balanced? Do you think 2 tiny fish and 2 shrimp would be possible?

Can you provide some photos of what you are working with?
 
sir? ;Oldman

I have those Xenia on the left glued to a magnet. They sometimes grow off the magnet and onto the glass but it's easy to scrape off.
 
So they are doable with close observation? Sorry about the sir. I'll punish myself for it :)
Yea absoloutly doable.

Some folks will put the gsp on the sides of the tank and back wall too.

With Xenia you should look out for it dropping babies though. A small branch will drop off rather than climb.

Clove polyps are another good looking weed but it prefers sand and rocks.
 
Clove polyps? Will look. I'm afraid of the dropping babies. Can you just scrape them off?
 
Clove polyps? Will look. I'm afraid of the dropping babies. Can you just scrape them off?
Yes.
And horror stores are overblown. It seem like some folks don't actually notice that Xenia took over thier tank. For the last three months.;Wacky
 
That makes me feel better. If mine gets overrun you can come clean my tank.
Oh, it would be a pleasure.

I could send you a few cups of Xenia to start ruining your tank if you like. I scrape em every couple of weeks. And yes. Throw them away:eek:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new