Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@najer 28" long. 4 heads. Rfg on each head? That could be fun to do!

Safe and enjoyable trip. :)

Different scale, the s tank is 13 G, it runs an Eheim 1000 flat out with a twin duck bill return, no powerhead!
You would need to make them able to be aimed, to a degree, I just figured out how to do that as I typed btw, where was I, oh yeh, if you / we can figure out the correct adjustable return it could easily be powerhead free! ;)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is how I got mine. :)

Have you ever seen the Sea Swirls? I will have two MP-40s in my 125, but instead of having a couple of stationary returns in the tank, I have two of these also, for oscillating flow on the returns. When I was looking around for wavemakers, I noticed that Sanjay Joshi and Mike Palletta both used Sea Swirls in their tanks as part of their water movement set ups. Not a bad endorsement for the product. They can be used on your returns, on a separate pump or even as part of a closed loop.

http://www.sea-swirl.com/

These are great. I’m not to the coral stage but I got two of these to have on hand for when I do. I am trying to find it devise one with the extra end piece to Venturi the flow up and oscillate with just a simple end piece and no extra electric involved it would be a random oscillatory movement

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Safe and enjoyable trip. :)

Different scale, the s tank is 13 G, it runs an Eheim 1000 flat out with a twin duck bill return, no powerhead!
You would need to make them able to be aimed, to a degree, I just figured out how to do that as I typed btw, where was I, oh yeh, if you / we can figure out the correct adjustable return it could easily be powerhead free! ;)
I'd love your input! I had never considered it

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love your input! I had never considered it

My first thoughts, picture 4 small sections of 3/4 (?) pipe, 4 straight couplers and an end cap, tight push fit, if you don't glue it and can mount the heads to the pipe sections you have horizontal level aim! ;)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My spraybar, it comes out for a clean 2 or 3 times a year, the large missing coraline section would be my right hand grip trying to get the 45 and end cap off last time! ;)

DSC_0143 (1024x455).jpg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wet side replacements use citric acid but I change them so often I just scrub them clean with water and a brush. Rinse dry and store. With the gyres I clean them more than once a month so not citric acid needed. Although I mix as it tells on the package.
What ratio and how long do you soak?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks really sharp. I love the strip light
Biocube got a cabinet cleaning and a fancy new wifi powerstrip... my digital timer crapped out so we splurged for the wifi powerstrip instead of replacing it.
Set up the doser while we were at it.

DF46EB2B-7DE6-42F2-9153-E36898C20A98.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wet side replacements use citric acid but I change them so often I just scrub them clean with water and a brush. Rinse dry and store. With the gyres I clean them more than once a month so not citric acid needed. Although I mix as it tells on the package.
Also, are you making your citric acid the old fashioned way?
10 lemons squeezed into a cup
Add grocery store sodium hydroxide to the solution until pH is 9 on api test strips
Refine solution through coffee filters until clear
Separately mix 70ml RODI with an Ounce of calcium chloride powder
Combine calcium chloride solution with lemon juice solution and boil
Pour boiled solution through coffee filter to get calcium citrate foam
Add sulfuric acid to the foam to cover it in a new cup and stir
Pour foam solution through coffee filter adding RODI to get all the foam through
Simmer solution to burn off RODI
Run through coffee filter one last time
bingo citric acid

Seems like a fair amount of lemons and work though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Flight delayed due to storms here in Knoxville
I hope you have better luck than myself with flight delay. I had a shipment from San Diego sent Wednesday night via UPS and it was to arrive BY 10:30a Thursday and first showed up Friday at 6:30p.
UPS could have been honest and admitted mistakes but indicated the aircraft had mechanical issues. My shipper actually went to the airport to try and recover box and it was admitted that the box and 44 others were missed and never loaded on transfer flight.
The update indicated , it would come Friday morning at 10:30a and although marked live fish all over all the box, they came 6:25p to be exact in the evening Friday !!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back