Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@12gallonsofhex you'd be shocked at the shady things they pull with cancer drugs. Disgraceful!
I have heard a lot of crazy things about the drug companies. I guess we are the only "civilized" country (whatever that means) that does not regulate the profits a drug company can make off of sick and dying people. Pretty shameless.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C'mon everybody! Follow @Fin and post up some high school/old pics of yourself.

Here is a pic from my 8th grade graduation with my favorite person and best friend, my grandmother. Also included is my high school pic. There were a number of other pics in the yearbook. However, all my yearbooks were more casualties from my divorce.

FB_IMG_1565790246552.jpg

FB_IMG_1565790258444.jpg
I’m late to the party. Here’s a pic of me with my first born. I was 28 at the time. Time stamp on pic. I looked so young back then.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 ~ You’re approaching 30k replies. I remember 20k wasn’t that long ago. You’ve got quite a fan base!!! But I must say, the coolest people come here. Loving all of your comments!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thread? No. It's a family thread. I like it that way.
You started it! It’s like gathering a family. I remember reading your thread way back when. It’s evolved into something of another kind. Loving it! But hard to keep up with.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are all frustrated with our new healthcare plans. Get this; my wife and I changed to my insurance when the baby was born. This meant that we were double covered for the month of April. Her insurance is saying my insurance should be the primary, and my insurance is saying hers should be the primary. Neither of them has paid the bill yet, and we are still arguing with them. Ready for the twist? Both insurance companies are Blue Cross Blue Shield! No matter what BCBS is both of our insurance carriers! Makes me want to kick Obamacare in the baby-maker.

Makes me like living in the great white north.

My thread? No. It's a family thread. I like it that way.

I agree, love being a part of this thread and talking about whatever the flavour of the day is. :)

@Fin I'm sorry to hear that, I hope things take a turn for the better and your old friend can stick around a little longer. But at the end of the day, there well being surpasses our desire to have them stay around for as long as possible.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard a lot of crazy things about the drug companies. I guess we are the only "civilized" country (whatever that means) that does not regulate the profits a drug company can make off of sick and dying people. Pretty shameless.
Too much government involvement... open it up to the free market, get rid of mandatory health insurance. Heck, get rid of single source rx drugs also. No one company should be allowed to charge what they want. Isn't that wasn't the government is supposed to do? Break up monopolies?

Supply and demand will take care of the prices. Right now because the government guarantees the medical industry will get paid, almost a single entity now, they can increase prices and there is nothing we can do about it.

BUT, if we had the power to shop around and pick the most cost effective option, that would force competition into the medical industry and drive prices down.

The same thing happened to the colleges. Government, in all its generosity, started giving grants, universities started charging more because people could pay before the grant so why don't we get their money plus the grant. Then government sees this and says ok, we'll give you more grants.... oh they are charging even more, how about a loan?

It's a thick skulled individual who thinks the problem of government can be fixed with more government.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too much government involvement... open it up to the free market, get rid of mandatory health insurance. Heck, get rid of single source rx drugs also. No one company should be allowed to charge what they want. Isn't that wasn't the government is supposed to do? Break up monopolies?

Supply and demand will take care of the prices. Right now because the government guarantees the medical industry will get paid, almost a single entity now, they can increase prices and there is nothing we can do about it.

BUT, if we had the power to shop around and pick the most cost effective option, that would force competition into the medical industry and drive prices down.

The same thing happened to the colleges. Government, in all its generosity, started giving grants, universities started charging more because people could pay before the grant so why don't we get their money plus the grant. Then government sees this and says ok, we'll give you more grants.... oh they are charging even more, how about a loan?

It's a thick skulled individual who thinks the problem of government can be fixed with more government.
Agree. Look at insulin that was given to the drug company with out a charge now they are charging outrageous charges.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PanchoG you must try an rfa!!!
You will love them. If you can get a male and female they will breed in the tank. The offspring will have their own color that may not resemble the parents.
You started it! It’s like gathering a family. I remember reading your thread way back when. It’s evolved into something of another kind. Loving it! But hard to keep up with.
Not to mention the knowledge here. Between all the fun some serious reefing is taking place.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Careful talk like that here can get you banned ;Blackeye .
In all honesty how much money has the American Health Care Act saved any person not on welfare? Most plans have shot up several hundred percent and the deductible has taken off like a moon shot! All a conspiracy to move us to a one system government run health care with quotas on services....I guess we will all have to watch breathlessly to find out. New slogan for health care "What's in your wallet..... nothing!". President Obama seems to be very quite these days about like you doctor and plan you can keep them promise....oops. Count on this comment to be stricken from the site in 3-2-1-. Honestly we all deserve better than politicians that vote for a bill before reading it ala Pelosi. What happened to the concept of the common good in rule making?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back