View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190820_110917_01.jpg
IMG_20190820_110918_01.jpg
Wow, what a pic!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy peasy @JoshH

Happy for you both @Fin

Oh it was anything BUT easy peasy lol let's just put it this way, for some reason not too long ago they made 2x10s with actual measurements of 1.5" x 9" and now adays they are 1.5" x 9.25" I can't even begin to describe what a MASSIVE pain in the you know what it was because of that 1/4" difference.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh it was anything BUT easy peasy lol let's just put it this way, for some reason not too long ago they made 2x10s with actual measurements of 1.5" x 9" and now adays they are 1.5" x 9.25" I can't even begin to describe what a MASSIVE pain in the you know what it was because of that 1/4" difference.

Rip them down .25" on a table saw. Easy peasy.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rip them down .25" on a table saw. Easy peasy.

Yeah my table saw doesn't like ripping lumber that thick. The blade tends to do it's own thing. I need a bigger one

I went the Jack the floor off the beams route lol. It worked but wasn't easy.

Last edited:

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful family, Fadi!
I had a kidney infection once. Was the most painful thing I have ever endured, and I dropped a driveshaft on my head once and almost knocked myself out... car was on lift, took bolts out, hit with hammer, popped lose and my head caught it from hitting the ground.

The kidney infection tho. Freshmen year, fall semester, marching band. I got extremely dehydrated and that's where the infection happened. I never did drink much as a kid, I'd eat an entire meal without anything to drink. Kidneys weren't getting flushed like they should. It started with feeling like I had to go a lot but there would be no volume to it. Then the pain. Every time I went it felt like razor blades. Got so bad I had scabs form inside my urethra. Finally told Mom(teenage boy, embarrassed about everything) what was happening when I stared to urinate blood, and she game me these pills that turned my urine dark orange and made everything feel so much better...
funny doc humor story. there is another med that turns the urine bluish green so one year at halloween the kids were starting to not believe in the great pumpkin, they use to go trick or treat they would keep one piece of candy and put the rest on the back porch in a big witches tub while we played halloween games in the house and at some point the candy would be exchanged for all sorts of presents. They still don't eat candy much. Anyway, the older ones were starting not to believe much and so i brought that med that turned the urine blue and slipped some in their food. then told the story of how the great pumpkin could sense disbelief and would let us know some way. well by evening everyone was peeing blue and green and freaking out...still makes me laugh. sick i know but oh sooooo fun

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually like it! But it is steep. I thought about it but it’s like; get a lightly used mp40 on the marketplace guaranteed, or pay for a banner and a “chance” to win a few things
i bought some extra chances too.. 50 i think ... these "contests" get me too competitive

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
funny doc humor story. there is another med that turns the urine bluish green so one year at halloween the kids were starting to not believe in the great pumpkin, they use to go trick or treat they would keep one piece of candy and put the rest on the back porch in a big witches tub while we played halloween games in the house and at some point the candy would be exchanged for all sorts of presents. They still don't eat candy much. Anyway, the older ones were starting not to believe much and so i brought that med that turned the urine blue and slipped some in their food. then told the story of how the great pumpkin could sense disbelief and would let us know some way. well by evening everyone was peeing blue and green and freaking out...still makes me laugh. sick i know but oh sooooo fun
i was watching er stories and a sorority used that same med to turn the fraternity's urine blue and they all went to the er. That was funny

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @tdlawdo ever had someone close their eyes and you start poking them with a needle to see if they flinch?

My doctor did it today to show a nurse practitioner I wasn't faking. :rolleyes:
I have some other techniques but that is one to use.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was watching er stories and a sorority used that same med to turn the fraternity's urine blue and they all went to the er. That was funny
a better one is the flourescien dye for corneal abrasions and on halloween when i worked the early shift i would put that in my eyes and when i came in the house with the black lights one my eyes would be glowing and the kids would freak out.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Katrina. While we are very proud of him and can't wait to see him, he is very upset by all of this and feels like he wasted his time. I have assured him he hasn't but I can understand the feeling. I got hurt 3 days before graduation and actually watched it from a hospital window. :(

We will do all we can to try and lift his spirits and get his head and heart back in the game.
prayers!!

Back