NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
corals4.jpg
Sorry more blue.
LOL, what, the anemone did not give you enough stress?
;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993
Love you, hope all is well there with you and the fam

Thank you. All's well that ends well. Hopefully, though, the end is not near! Oh, and easy does it with that "love you" stuff. I wouldn't want anyone getting the right impression. ;)

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you. All's well that ends well. Hopefully, though, the end is not near! Oh, and easy does it with that "love you" stuff. I wouldn't want anyone getting the right impression. ;)
You have a big soft side. I think you are like a Sour Patch Kid too :p

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I stopped working for a year it drove me crazy! -er.
It might. I am used to a quick pace - although, the ability to keep up has been waning lately. I would still like my job, if it would quit coming at me full speed. :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might. I am used to a quick pace - although, the ability to keep up has been waning lately. I would still like my job, if it would quit coming at me full speed. :)
I completely understand.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I 100% understand that. I think when you are really good at what you do, they keep adding to the pile because you CAN do it. I find a lot of the younger folks have no drive or work ethic. Nothing works well with a bunch of weak links.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I stopped working for a year it drove me crazy! -er.
You were with the SD throughout your pregnancy? I remember when I was laid off in May of 2013 I said I would take the summer off. By July I was pulling doubles freelancing while collecting a severance, LOL

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% understand that. I think when you are really good at what you do, they keep adding to the pile because you CAN do it. I find a lot of the younger folks have no drive or work ethic. Nothing works well with a bunch of weak links.
You are right about some of the younger generation. One of the last guys they hired at work was 26. He comes in to work everyday at 9:00-9:30, when we all get there at 8:00, or before. He has been warned, but continues to be late and the least productive member of the crew. Now the last guy they hired was also 26, but a former soldier that did time in Afghanistan. Nothing that happens to him at work rattles him in the least. He is always early and is always caught up and asking to help others, so there is some hope for the younger generation.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You were with the SD throughout your pregnancy? I remember when I was laid off in May of 2013 I said I would take the summer off. By July I was pulling doubles freelancing while collecting a severance, LOL
Yes. I worked ot and everything. I had no idea I'd need to stop working during that time. I was honestly shocked when the Dr. said "apparently I'm going to have to order you to stop working". I asked why??? Is there something wrong???

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right about some of the younger generation. One of the last guys they hired at work was 26. He comes in to work everyday at 9:00-9:30, when we all get there at 8:00, or before. He has been warned, but continues to be late and the least productive member of the crew. Now the last guy they hired was also 26, but a former soldier that did time in Afghanistan. Nothing that happens to him at work rattles him in the least. He is always early and is always caught up and asking to help others, so there is some hope for the younger generation.
I can say in live television, I am pretty impressed with most of the young technical crew I have seen in many places. On the editorial/producing side it is okay at about 50/50.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I worked ot and everything. I had no idea I'd need to stop working during that time. I was honestly shocked when the Dr. said "apparently I'm going to have to order you to stop working". I asked why??? Is there something wrong???
Uh, yeah, a child is living inside of you ;Hilarious
You are really an awesome, funny person.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quoting someone I know “when you work a lot, you will make many mistakes and they will fire you. When you give 50:50 you will not make as many mistakes and you will do ok. When you don’t work at all, you don’t make any mistakes and you will get a raise”

It’s somehow true at least where I am located now.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Getting knocked up was not something I had to train for :)
Oh, come on, you had been training since a teenager I bet. I know I was.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 75 37.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back