Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your subtle aip approach, aipzilla got cbb'd overnight! ;)

DSC_0284 (1024x683).jpg
Post 34,000. Amazing. Does not even seem like a round number. I was amazed not too long ago to hit 4,000, LOL. Okay. Arbitrary number love is over. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of us who are living in the frigid north.

With the polar vortex I need this today in SC. 25° when I woke up this morning at 0430 and it's 37° now. I think the high for today is maybe 40°. This is January and February weather! @najer, that's all in freedom height, you'll have to figure out the conversion. :D

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the polar vortex I need this today in SC. 25° when I woke up this morning at 0430 and it's 37° now. I think the high for today is maybe 40°. This is January and February weather! @najer, that's all in freedom height, you'll have to figure out the conversion. :D
High of 46 today.

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sterilizer, macroalgae, protein skimmer.. no no no... not for an 8 gallon. You do not want to complicate things early on with a whole bunch of equipment you don't need. Do weekly water changes and parameters will be in check as long as you stock appropriately.. (like 1 small fish and no more-- 2 fish MAX).. Clownfish, yellow watchmen, tailspot blenny are good choices.

Only other suggestions I would make is to stick an additional pump (small wave pump) in there and maybe an ATO later on down the line.. constantly refilling with freshwater gets annoying. ATO will give you stability and less annoyance overall.

-B

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post 34,000. Amazing. Does not even seem like a round number. I was amazed not too long ago to hit 4,000, LOL. Okay. Arbitrary number love is over. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Oh good I wasn't the only one looking at the numbers

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys in the south get the cold too. Tampa south usually doesn't get cold.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys in the south get the cold too. Tampa south usually doesn't get cold.
When I was a kid my parents left us with Grandma and Grandpa went to see the Gamecocks play in the Carquest bowl in 1995. It was January second in Miami FL, and they called and told us that there were people swimming in the ocean. I thought those people were crazy because it was cold here.... I was 9½.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly good news?

Very good news. The mariculture coral production benefits the reefs as well. They help restock the reefs.

I hope the ban is lifted. The supply increases and the price should come down.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good news. The mariculture coral production benefits the reefs as well. They help restock the reefs.

I hope the ban is lifted. The supply increases and the price should come down.
Yea, I know opening the mariculture would be good news. Both for us and the reef. It's still up in the air if they are going to even open anything, but having a new head of fish and coral department that is at least willing to look at possibly opening some to create jobs and export revenue would be nice, also for us fish heads and the Indonesian economy. Mariculture and evenresponsible wild collection can be beneficial.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It fits the space I'm allowed to use for a tank. I can't imagine all of the things I could cram in there! 30"x30" is the biggest tank size. 24" is about the most I could handle in height.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It fits the space I'm allowed to use for a tank. I can't imagine all of the things I could cram in there!

Thanks for the description on why it's your dream tank. It's a rather odd size to me so I was curious. So 30" x 30 " cube Is the max you can go?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back