image.jpg
Look at all the limpets

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe we should start a poll to see how long it would take to totally fill up with dust. I am a tad behind on my housework and having two Huskys living in the house, I guess I am thankful that it isn't half full of dog hair too. :)

I used to swear by RDSB (remote deep sand bed) But, after a while, I found they didn't do much after the first couple years and just became a nutrient sink. Now, if you could put one that was seasoned for a few months online when you first fired up your reef, you wouldn't really deal with uglies much and it would stabilize very quickly. Then slowly (by lessening the amount of turnover to it) take it offline after a year or so, that would be really good IMO.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a text. "Will you dress like an elf to help sell Christmas trees for the food pantry fund raiser" my response...will there be doughnuts?
And coffee.
IMG_20191118_065159_01.gif
IMG_20191118_065225_01.gif

IMG_20191118_065839_01.gif

If @Katrina71 doesn't get her coffee

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to swear by RDSB (remote deep sand bed) But, after a while, I found they didn't do much after the first couple years and just became a nutrient sink. Now, if you could put one that was seasoned for a few months online when you first fired up your reef, you wouldn't really deal with uglies much and it would stabilize very quickly. Then slowly (by lessening the amount of turnover to it) take it offline after a year or so, that would be really good IMO.
I think the key to keeping DSBs is to continue to add new beneficial sand bed fauna. It is all of the small critters living in the sandbed that keeps it going. According to Dr. Ron Shimek, people overlook this step. They set it up and forget it. He stated that if you keep DSBs you should avoid any sand sifters, because they spend their time stripping the sandbed of beneficial organisms. He also stated that populations decline on their own, so constantly adding new bugs and avoiding sifters is the way to go. Just what I read in his publication and something that doesn't get mentioned much in convos about DSB.

And by the way, I thought your FB post yesterday was pretty funny. Sharing it here for the crew. LOL!

dantimdad.JPG

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a text. "Will you dress like an elf to help sell Christmas trees for the food pantry fund raiser" my response...will there be doughnuts?
Toy shop helper elf, or naughty elf? :p

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night @JoshH and I had a lengthy discussion about tanks and stands. He was trying to be a horrible influence, but actually gave me some insight into the new build. Sometimes it takes an outside view to see something simple.

My enabling skills have peaked, being able to disguise Enabling as insight and solid advice. I'm rolling with the pros,
now who's next???

Murica is going to need peer pressure in the near future! :)

Okay @Murica Is next, I'm on it!

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think of the new scape. I scrubbed everything today. Since June the 55 has been getting rodi water for it's water changes. The ha has been slowing down.
IMG_20191117_201117933.jpg
the water change bucket.
LOL! When I first saw this I thought it was a cup of coffee looking down. It is early yet and I haven't had enough coffee. :p

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My enabling skills have peaked, being able to disguise Enabling as insight and solid advice. I'm rolling with the pros,
now who's next???

Okay @Murica Is next, I'm on it!

Peer pressure all you want, I’ll probably give in! lol gah i can’t wait to get things up and running again. Watching these threads are killing me haha

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm not back in about 20 minutes it means I glued myself to the scape again! ;)
I could use a trip to England. If you get stuck, I'll use it as an excuse to fly over there to pull you out. Then I'll hit the Globe Theatre and I'll try to pencil in time for tea with the Queen.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 years of disability, then two weeks of training.
Today is my first day of work in over 6 years!!
Wish me luck , got butterflies and anxiety so bad I could puke.
I'm guessing after this first 4.5hr shift I'll be fine, but man I'm nervous right now. LOL

Be back later to tell y'all how it went!!!!
Love you all

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm guessing after this first 4.5hr shift I'll be fine, but man I'm nervous right now. LOL

Love you all
We love you too, and you've got this!!!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Love you all

If I can Dyson my empty tank with a straight face, your first day will be a piece of cake! ;) :cool:

Have a rocking first day!

Back