Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
San Francisco ain’t clean my friend. It’s downright disgusting. Very happy I moved out of there last year.
I live in the highest meth usage county in the state of wisconsin...this place is a shhhhthole
Beautiful part of the country but otherwise meh.
There's eleventeen broken cars on everyones property full of garbage and old junk they're not willing to pay pennies to dispose of etc.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the highest meth usage county in the state of wisconsin...this place is a shhhhthole
Beautiful part of the country but otherwise meh.
There's eleventeen broken cars on everyones property full of garbage and old junk they're not willing to pay pennies to dispose of etc.

Dang, that does sound bad compared to the poop infested streets of San Francisco. You should just move to Texas man!

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm only 37 but the older I get the more and more heat affects me negatively.
I've gotten sick in the sun multiple times before to the point of going to hospital.
It's becoming a "thing" slowly. I used to love just sitting outside all day!

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotten sick in the sun multiple times before to the point of going to hospital.
Sounds like the beautiful state of Tennessee is for you! Never gets above 110 degrees here:rolleyes:. Perfect weather for dehydration! Seriously though, Nashville area is a great place if you ever want to move.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Texas is very very hot during the summer. About 105-115 every day for 2-3 months straight.

Why-Me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so...yard cars are one thing.
Having every vehicle you've ever owned since 1955 out back though is another thing especially since up here they sit there and rust into the ground, literally decay into nothing.
They can't be restored and worthless to anyone.

"Rural areas of Tennessee have a serious problem with meth and opioids. "
Rural america has a drug problem...it's easy to hide away from everyone else be left alone to your vices. That's what they want and our rural america allows for that. Not much to do besides end the demand and the supply flow will end, hopefully.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Dino bloom in my display went from 0 to 100 in just this past day. I’m up to dosing .035ppm phosphate 3x a day and still zeroing out very quick.

I’m worried about dosing any more in one sitting causing too quick of a parameter change for my corals.

This situation is really difficult. I’d like to begin full Dino warfare but can’t until I can get a phosphate surplus in my tank.

BCDED2C8-650A-43C8-A2A3-90156081E33C.jpeg
486494E1-5221-4B53-BBF8-76B2F5361661.jpeg
487D9B13-4211-4E67-8FCF-826F3A52B014.jpeg
0874DF9D-893B-49BD-B2F4-4272D5D2C10D.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the apartment I service has new bullet holes every time I go out. 1030 in the morning a drive by. Six shots form a pistol 9mil from the sound. I started running toward the gun fire when the maintenance man drags me into a empty unit.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for war, gonna baste it like it’s thanksgiving, dose some hydrogen peroxide and immediately start a blackout.

Going to give my system a monster phosphate dose tonight and tomorrow morning to try and find the equilibrium ASAP. Almost better to go back and inch down in this situation than incrementally up as I have been.

5BEE69B1-EBDF-4601-ACB3-4675DD796508.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for war, gonna baste it like it’s thanksgiving, dose some hydrogen peroxide and immediately start a blackout.

Going to give my system a monster phosphate dose tonight and tomorrow morning to try and find the equilibrium ASAP. Almost better to go back and inch down in this situation than incrementally up as I have been.

5BEE69B1-EBDF-4601-ACB3-4675DD796508.jpeg
I wouldn't do a water change it fuels dino. I would siphon water into a bucket through a 5-10 micron sock and empty bucket back into the tank.
Osteoporosis is what I felt with. If it's them a UV is going to be your best friend. They enter the water volume at night.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do a water change it fuels dino. I would siphon water into a bucket through a 5-10 micron sock and empty bucket back into the tank.
Osteoporosis is what I felt with. If it's them a UV is going to be your best friend. They enter the water volume at night.

I’m not doing any water changes.

If it’s the Home Depot bucket, that just holds my filter socks that will be washed.

I added my new uv today so my game plan just now was to baste as much as possible off the rock and lightly stir up the sand so the uv can get to work.

I also turned off the lights immediately after basting to suspend them in the water column for as long as possible while my uv does its thing.

I work from home tomorrow so I’m going to do an initial .03ppm dose of phosphate and test every subsequent hour to determine the rate of phosphate binding. That should give me a decent approximation to what I will need to dose.

Hopefully I can get that phosphate surplus before my lights go back on in 3-4 days.

My poor corals and fish just took a beating.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you think I should add a carbon packet for the toxins coming from the dead Dino or should my skimmer be enough to export it?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back