Office tank
IMG_20191122_151025.jpg

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I just got a phosphate reading....

8 hours after dosing .03ppm! It’s at a nice .07ppm.

I think it’s from the Dino’s dying so I’ll have to see if the rock is still binding phosphates once it’s cleared out.

Also, this rock was in a tank for two months before being added to this tank. I bet that may cut the time to saturation.

Pretty happy right now.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumb question but am I just supposed to put this white tube running from my skimmers collection cup back into the sump? It gets clogged with bubbles sometimes causing the skimmer to overflow.
C46C408B-ED73-472E-90CF-C7386E872D41.jpeg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumb question but am I just supposed to put this white tube running from my skimmers collection cup back into the sump? It gets clogged with bubbles sometimes causing the skimmer to overflow.
C46C408B-ED73-472E-90CF-C7386E872D41.jpeg
No, it is meant to go into a container to collect the skimmate, so you don't have to empty the cup so often. Either that, or just plug the drain in the cup. I use an Avast waste collector - or did when my tank was running. That is it on the left of the picture. Follow the tube back to the skimmer.

Sump-816-14-1.jpeg

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it is meant to go into a container to collect the skimmate, so you don't have to empty the cup so often. I use an Avast waste collector - or did when my tank was running. That is it on the left of the picture. Follow the tube back to the skimmer.

Sump-816-14-1.jpeg

Shoot, I’ve been dumping dirty water back into my tank this whole time

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it is meant to go into a container to collect the skimmate, so you don't have to empty the cup so often. Either that, or just plug the drain in the cup. I use an Avast waste collector - or did when my tank was running. That is it on the left of the picture. Follow the tube back to the skimmer.

Sump-816-14-1.jpeg

Mine seems to just be letting out a ton of water. It would drain my tank in two days or so with how much it’s releasing.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine seems to just be letting out a ton of water. It would drain my tank in two days or so with how much it’s releasing.
You can adjust the level of the bubbles in the neck, or raise the skimmer with a stand. It may be sitting in too much water.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Fin How do/did you like that Avast Swabbie?
I had a problem with it a couple of times. It filled up and the pressure switch didn't shut down the pump before the container overflowed. They worked with me on restting the switch and it seemed to work fine after that. The old ones only had two screws on the cap and when you tightened it down on the gasket, the top would bow. I complained about it and I think they have at least 4 screws on the top of the new ones.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JoshH Did you notice I was using a Canadian RLSS skimmer in my old sump? :) Excellent skimmer until the Waveline pump died of internal corrosion. They couldn't locate a replacement pump for me, since they are now discontinued.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JoshH Did you notice I was using a Canadian RLSS skimmer in my old sump? :) Excellent skimmer until the Waveline pump died of internal corrosion. They couldn't locate a replacement pump for me, since they are now discontinued.

I did notice that, but us Canadians are low key and I didn't want to bring it up :p I'm surprised you couldn't find some replacement pump, if you still had the body I bet an RO varios skimmer pump would work.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@living_tribunal Mine has a cap at the end of the tube, yours may have been removed previously?

I have it but the collection cup just gets filled in like 5 minutes. I have it at the depth they recommended. Wondering what I’m missing. The water doesn’t look like skimmate, it’s pretty transparent
CE04ACD3-3F8D-4C01-91B3-A05A50EDF47F.jpeg

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can adjust the level of the bubbles in the neck, or raise the skimmer with a stand. It may be sitting in too much water.

When I twist the level all the way too the right it’s basically just water entering the cup. It’s better when I go all the way to the left but still fills fast. Maybe I need to raise it more. I’d say it has a 7-8” depth.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did notice that, but us Canadians are low key and I didn't want to bring it up :p I'm surprised you couldn't find some replacement pump, if you still had the body I bet an RO varios skimmer pump would work.
That would have been my choice of pump, but didn't want to spend the money and then find out it didn't fit, then having to send it back, yada, yada. I do still have the skimmer body. RLSS even checked in China looking for a replacement.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back