Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral warefare. Ugh. The dendro got it's butt kicked by a plate it got knocked off on. I think it will recover, but...
I was looking at a galaxia coral is just can't put something so aggressive in my tank.

Crazy to think the least dangerous looking corals in our tanks are actually some of the most destructive and aggressive...

And thanks to all the game talk lastnight I stayed up till 2am playing BF4 ;Shifty

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plates can whoop some tail like that?

I channeled my inner noob a little too hard the other day and bought a Kenya tree and Xenia, those guys are growing wayyyyyy too fast and are starting to touch everything :/. I might have to sell them.
The Kenya leather is really manageable (I used scissors when I had it in a tighter space) but not sure about the Xenia lol

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kenya leather is really manageable (I used scissors when I had it in a tighter space) but not sure about the Xenia lol
I just gather up the loose limbs and toss them into another tank. Working on a keyna tree forest

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just gather up the loose limbs and toss them into another tank. Working on a keyna tree forest
I let it frag itself a couple times (has 4 main trunks now) but it took advantage of my kindness and now the extra limbs go in the trash ;)

I think it makes a really fantastic nutrient export, it grows so fast!

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let it frag itself a couple times (has 4 main trunks now) but it took advantage of my kindness and now the extra limbs go in the trash ;)

Like a rose bush. It's pretty but hate dealing with it.

I'm lucky my lfs loves for me to bring in a couple a frags a week.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My keyna trees. I have a dark and light type. One of the stalks, on the light one, is the size of a Nickel.

IMG_20191123_214249297.jpg

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My keyna trees. I have a dark and light type. One of the stalks, on the light one, is the size of a Nickel.

IMG_20191123_214249297.jpg
Kenya and GSP! Yessss :) I’ve got some on the same rock right now, they seem to be getting along so far. Do you use carbon?

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are they toxic or sting other corals though?

The Kenya is laying on a disco and touches my wilsoni. He’s getting so big so fast. The guy was like 2” when I got him a month ago and is almost 4-5” now and getting a lot wider.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they toxic or sting other corals though?

The Kenya is laying on a disco and touches my wilsoni. He’s getting so big so fast. The guy was like 2” when I got him a month ago and is almost 4-5” now and getting a lot wider.
they are all about some chemical warfare. I keep a bag of carbon in the back, and keep the leather in the back right upstream of my overflow so hopefully most of that is getting filtered out immediately. I know my tank looked happier right away when I moved it there and added carbon, but of course the scientific method was not followed so that’s just a guess.

that Kenya will grow faster than anything else in your tank I would assume. Unless the Xenia gives it a run for its money! (Mine really took off when I gave it more light and an uplifting flow)

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy to think the least dangerous looking corals in our tanks are actually some of the most destructive and aggressive...

And thanks to all the game talk lastnight I stayed up till 2am playing BF4 ;Shifty
Like palys...ugly funky colored long lashes quite the opposite of Zoas and those ugly buggers will mess you up!!

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are all about some chemical warfare. I keep a bag of carbon in the back, and keep the leather in the back right upstream of my overflow so hopefully most of that is getting filtered out immediately. I know my tank looked happier right away when I moved it there and added carbon, but of course the scientific method was not followed so that’s just a guess.

that Kenya will grow faster than anything else in your tank I would assume. Unless the Xenia gives it a run for its money! (Mine really took off when I gave it more light and an uplifting flow)

It’s honestly out of control, it and the pulsing Xenia.

They were very small just about a month or so ago:
8A95F07B-7677-4E3D-99D1-F8C211DD0E94.jpeg

Now they are touching everything, I can’t get the dang Kenya to stick up either!
4D38185F-82DC-427B-BD6A-AE6BDD6D03EF.jpeg
1D9D5A02-E2EC-44D7-95A4-E4429CA90F6F.jpeg

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! What’s wrong with my palys :oops::oops:
5782EC51-B448-4B57-9294-59E0DF61A914.jpeg

I call mine Venus fly traps lol
I got some but mine are green in the middle and have brown around the edges. I call mine mint chocolate

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back