Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to stir the pot and say that it’s more like getting chemo without knowing if you have cancer! ;)

I think people have this perception of copper because people DO NOT check it. It's very hard to get copper levels perfect and people just want to toss it in without testing it or knowing the appropriate levels between the two major types of copper we use.

Therapeutic levels are not bad for the fish and they won't even notice. It's not hard to take it past that though. My clowns lived it up in qt.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think people have this perception of copper because people DO NOT check it. It's very hard to get copper levels perfect and people just want to toss it in without testing it or knowing the appropriate levels between the two major types of copper we use.

Therapeutic levels are not bad for the fish and they won't even notice. It's not hard to take it past that though. My clowns lived it up in qt.
I’m just messing lol, everyone has their own strategy and levels of acceptable risk. Personally, I have the worlds greatest cleaner shrimp and have only quarantined for the duration of the time it took to bring the fish home from the LFS and temp acclimate them.

There is a method to the madness though...I buy water from the same LFS, and they use that water in their tanks as well. Our numbers stay very closely aligned, it was part of my nooby strategy that has continued to work well for me.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish is your cleaner fish? That’s why I got the 6 line, I have such confidence in my cleaner shrimp to keep the fish healthy that I got a fish to keep my corals healthy!
That's why I got a Leapord

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And before I get s**t on for the fluc treatment I had bubbles on long stringy algae before I started the fluc.
I needed the GHA under control because it was overgrowing my rockwork and the corals too.
I'm not too worried about it.
WC tomorrow to end the fluc treatment which was successful, GHA is pretty much dead and pulling off the rockwork really easily.
Next I'll research into what I have whether dino or cyano and check out my options for treatment.
I may use microbacter 7 I have here to seed better healthy bacteria tomorrow after WC.?
Oh, man. I just got over some invading dinosaurs. It finally took pulling the chaeto and letting the tank get 'dirty' to stop them.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am feeling a little stressed. I really want to make my SS recipient happy. Most of the fun stuff is really expensive.
Not true on my list is filters for a cell phone or camera. That's fun stuff.

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm mad , I just found out who gave me the god dang flat worms!
My LFS is infested and now i'm stuck with those.
They did a 21 days removal attemps with some 'product' and they still have them by the zillion.
I come back home and give an eye into my Main tank and I see some ... OMG I already knew I have some into my secondary tank.
I have a 6 line wrass in my main , looks like he is not that much of a help... I might just buy myself a black velvet nudibranch.
Stupid LFS

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm mad , I just found out who gave me the god dang flat worms!
My LFS is infested and now i'm stuck with those.
They did a 21 days removal attemps with some 'product' and they still have them by the zillion.
I come back home and give an eye into my Main tank and I see some ... OMG I already knew I have some into my secondary tank.
I have a 6 line wrass in my main , looks like he is not that much of a help... I might just buy myself a black velvet nudibranch.
Stupid LFS
You'll get them.

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They take water from the main frag tank and put some in another tank , and add new water to that same main tank.
And they wonder why the second tank is dying off... i'm like what the heck just add new water to the second tank.
Toxins must be building up real bad in there.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back