Brand new Gen5 Radion lights BROKEN LED!?

Ecotech Marine

MoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello guys,

So I just purchased a brand new Radion XR15 Blue Gen5 from a local reefer. The package was still sealed and unopened. I just opened the box and plugged in the light and to my surprise as I flipped through the channels on mobious and counted all the leds 5 of the royal blue leds do not work! Only 15 of them light up and the box shows that 20 royal blue leds. Is this some type of settings issue? Am I doing something wrong to test if all is working? Do the 5 leds there not work for a reason? Light has all the latest update etc. Anyone else receive broken Gen5 lights? I’m shocked by this as I’m eco tech all the way I have Radion gen 4s mp40s vectra pumps and battery backup. Strong supporter and always found the quality of their products top of the line.

D841D4BA-A9CA-4CED-B77A-E9D74CCAC060.jpeg A901482C-AEAF-4FA9-9EA7-A780F09C82EE.jpeg

Corals.com
OP
M

MoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Adding - I did open a support ticket and the local reefer is sending me the invoice proof of purchase. Forsure this is brand new.

What do you guys think? I surely would not expect quality control issues like this from ecotech. These things are not cheap!!!

OP
M

MoH

View Badges
Reaction score
UPDATE - So surprisingly to me Ecotech will not support this issue to me since I am not the original purchaser and the warranty can not be used. How unbelievable is that! This product is brand new and the light has not been out for even a year! I’m shocked at the level of service. I’m a big time fan of ecotech and strong supporter never expected that from them. Now I have to get the person who I bought the light from to open and submit a ticket since he was the original buyer of the light. What a run around for something that should just work and is suppose to be the highest of quality.

Do you think buying and selling coral is similar to playing the stock market?

• YES

Votes: 71 20.7%
  • NO

Votes: 180 52.5%
  • Kinda

Votes: 88 25.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 1.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors