Breaking it all down

  • Thread starter Thread starter auximage
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

auximage

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2008
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I no longer have the time to properly take care of my little 20 gallon reef, and think it's time to break it all down. I don't think it's fair to the critters in it to just let it dwindle, so I'd like to find good homes for all of them.. There's not much, mostly softy stuff.

What's the best process for this guys/gals? I'd like to sell what I can (which I'm guessing is in a different forum than this) Do people usually pick and choose stuff or is it likely I might find someone that would take the whole shebang? It's only about 60lbs or so of rock that's covered w/ mushrooms and the other zoa's and polyps.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
 
you can try to post on craigslist to see if you can sell it as a whole, if you can't get what you want out of it, I would post it on here with pictures, and a list of the equipment and a price for each piece. a lot of people are always looking for good deals on live rock, skimmers, and such.
 
Thanks sprinkler. I'll have to post some newer pictures, I think the ones on here might be a bit dated. Tank has been up for over 2 years. I'll try the craigslist dealio and see if I get any bites.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new