Breeder tanks with frah tanks

gonewild34

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
382
Reaction score
18
Location
belfast, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 10 gallon tanks drilled and go to a sump all have mated pairs of clowns I also have a frags tankwith coral in it if I put everything into one sump will this effect the clowns from layin eggs
Thank u
 
No, it should be fine. i have my breeding pairs tied into a frag tank (though it's full of anemones and not frags). The larger water volume will help with the overall stability of the system. I've heard that the clownfish hormones travel throughout the system and this actually encourages other pairs to lay as well. I can't confirm this, but once one of my pairs lays, another pair follows, so this could be true.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new