Breeding brittle stars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ladybrewer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ladybrewer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a water change today, tons of brittle stars made their appearance to breed. A pretty cool sight! They made the water cloudy with all their activities- I guess they had fun
IMG_0883.JPG
IMG_0884.JPG
IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0886.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG
IMG_0888.JPG
 
They're everywhere!! I hitchhiked some brittles too and I think they too have been reproducing. Mine don't come out as much as yours, then tend to occupy the rocks and stick out their legs when feeding. Cool but also grosses me out a tad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new