Breeding Mandarin Dragonets

Cpark15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm looking for any advice on breeding Mandarin Dragonets. I want to get a pair and cultivate my own copepods for their food. Would love to hear tips and tricks that other people have found as well as how much they food they needed to keep their fish and fry happy! Cheers to all!

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant help myself but heres a bump!

Good luck and keep a log thread here when you start id love to follow

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm looking for any advice on breeding Mandarin Dragonets. I want to get a pair and cultivate my own copepods for their food. Would love to hear tips and tricks that other people have found as well as how much they food they needed to keep their fish and fry happy! Cheers to all!
Welcome to R2R! Best starting place would be the breeding forum. I'm sure there are a lot of stickies to help along the way. Having 2 mandarins will require a pretty good sized tank. I'd recommend around a 90 gallon or so. Allow it to mature for a while and get the pod population nice and stable. Once breeding begins the eggs will need to be transfered to a different tank...
Forrest Gump GIF by GrayDuckDent

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back