breeding mixed tangs

  • Thread starter Thread starter sergifed91
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2018
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
475
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i HAVE BEEN seeing articles on a new hybrid powder blue tang mating with a white cheek tang. I don't know if this is in the wiled or captive bred. but very interesting to find out. wonder what other species are breading that they don't normally bread with. powder brown with the white cheek tang? yellow tang with a scopas?
 
I know there are some Achilles x White Cheek tang hybrids going around. Not sure about others, though.
 
I tried to order a white cheek tang from a LFS. they told me the powder brown is the same as the white cheek tang. I had to educate them on it.
 
I though about trying a powder blue or a powder brown tang + a white cheek tang in my tank. but not sure if it would be wise since the body shapes are the same.
 
Also saw a captive bred purple x sailfin once. I don't know what came of it
 
Do you think we will soon have to start asking if the fish are gmo or hormone induced?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new