Breeding Nerite snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlexaNye
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AlexaNye

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Messages
23
Reaction score
24
Location
Cordesville
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere so I decided to try and ask here to see if anyone knows the answer.

I havw nerite snails in most of my freshwater tanks, one of the tanks definitely has a female, there are eggs everywhere!! There is a piece of drift wood that she has covered in eggs. There should be 3 snails in this tank, so there is a good chance the eggs have been fertilized. I want to know, will the eggs hatch if they are moved to brackish water? Or do they need to be laid in brackish water?

I'm working on getting a biodiverse tank set up for my Green spotted puffer fish, breeding nerite snails in the tank would make it that much better for him!

Since these fish are taken from the wild, I am doing my best to set this tank up as close to "wild" as possible.

I have brine shrimp in it now, next I'm adding saltwater Gippies, Mollies, and bumblebee Goby's. When the tank is up to full saltwater I'll want to add some clams that will breed at a moderate rate, so recommendations on the variety would be wonderful!!

20240720_151639.jpg
 
Last edited:
My cute little guy
IMG_20240720_152805.jpg


His future tank
20240720_151639.jpg


Millions of brine shrimp to feed some of his food
20240720_152346.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new