Breeding

  • Thread starter Thread starter AaronOB82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AaronOB82

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2014
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Location
Philadelphia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guys! I literally just got done setting up my 10 gallon breeding tank for my clowns. I have a couple questions for you guys!

-How many times a day do I feed them, and what do I feed them?
-What should my my specific gravity and salinity be?
-What should i have my temperature be set at?

If you guys could send your feedback from previous or current experience, I would love to hear what you guys have to say!
 
Are you talking about for the babies or the breeding parents? You need to feed the parents a mixture of fresh and live foods like brine shrimp and Mysis shrimp as well as fresh seafood. The Babies, first time feeding larvae need live rotifers and after they get a little bigger you can start introducing baby brine shrimp and small copepods. I'm no expert but I would say temp at 78 and salinity at about 1.023-1.025. But either way nothing has to be spot on, just consistent.
If you want to breed saltwater fish first you have to (unless you have the money t spend) culture phytoplankton so you can culture rotifers so you can feed your fish larvae. It can be a process for sure. I am getting things together to try and start breeding Royal Grammas.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new