Brief 60 rimless cube build- low budget!

Toddp65

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2014
Messages
105
Reaction score
23
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank: Marineland 60 gallon rimless cube, drilled with stock overflow.
Stand: black Marineland Ventura stock stand.
Lighting: ReefBreeder Superlux. I spent many hours researching lighting and somewhat inexpensive options. I didn't have a ton to spend as my spouse was audit this upgrade as it was. I've been keeping Reefs since 2000 and have tried most lighting schemes. My current 28 nano is lit with DIY rapid led blue/ white setup in the stock hood. Not full spectrum and am not happy with them. First off I didn't get dimmable ballasts and second they aren't full spectrum like the Reef breeder's fixture. Plus I like the option with the legs to mount over the tank.
 

Attachments

  • 1438478134222.jpg
    1438478134222.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 210
The sump is a DIY Aqueon 20 high with glass partitions. The pump is a quiet One 4000.
Water/leak test pictures:
 

Attachments

  • 1438478403795.jpg
    1438478403795.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 1438478428616.jpg
    1438478428616.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 226

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new