Brine Shrimp

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to establish a brine shrimp tank for over a month but for some reason it seems my brine shrimp always die only a few days after I add them to the tank. Any suggestions? Temp is 78 Salinity 1.024 nitrates under 20. I have been periodically adding a pinch of spirulina to feed.

Attachments

• PXL_20210323_012619483.mp4
    28.6 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Phytoplankton would be a better food for them and I believe they need 1.025-1.027 and clean water to survive
raising brine shrimp to maturity in useful numbers is not an easy task; and you can expect to spend as much time at it, if not more, as you would breeding and caring for baby fish — often with less-than-hoped for results. The following primer is designed to help obviate the need to commit the most frequent mistakes — most often, the mistakes of overstocking, overfeeding, underfeeding, inadequate aeration, under-filtration, and providing inappropriate feeds.

OP
OP
G

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a solution and just wanted to post it in case anyone else is interested. The problem was the air stone. It was causing too much turbelence and bubbles for the newly hatched brine. Once I removed it and just have the airline tubing going into the water directly they were able to grow and mature successfully.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back