Bringing Back Coral from Australia

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, guys. Each year my girlfriend and I try to take a big trip. We’ve both wanted to go to Australia for a long time. The primary reason we’d be visiting is to the all the wildlife.

As I’ve been browsing youtube I’ve noticed that the reef stores have a ton of unique corals. It seems like an amazing opportunity to ship back some cool specimens.

So my questions are two fold:
1) is this legal to do without any sort of permit?
2) the flight is is about 16 hours. What’s the best way to package and insulate anything i might purchase?

Thanks!

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I believe you would need some sort of import/export license. But I also would like to know the complete process

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, guys. Each year my girlfriend and I try to take a big trip. We’ve both wanted to go to Australia for a long time. The primary reason we’d be visiting is to the all the wildlife.

As I’ve been browsing youtube I’ve noticed that the reef stores have a ton of unique corals. It seems like an amazing opportunity to ship back some cool specimens.

So my questions are two fold:
1) is this legal to do without any sort of permit?
2) the flight is is about 16 hours. What’s the best way to package and insulate anything i might purchase?

Thanks!

In the States, for personal use, one can bring in/import up to 8 corals. But, customs has the right to say at 8 corals you maybe conducting business to sell so 6 here would be safe bet.
Check Australia's laws on personal use of live corals. Better if you email them, to many import/export law. Do your homework. Let us know. Comrade

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back