Bringing Back Coral from Australia

DibsOnMcRibs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2018
Messages
325
Reaction score
426
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, guys. Each year my girlfriend and I try to take a big trip. We’ve both wanted to go to Australia for a long time. The primary reason we’d be visiting is to the all the wildlife.

As I’ve been browsing youtube I’ve noticed that the reef stores have a ton of unique corals. It seems like an amazing opportunity to ship back some cool specimens.

So my questions are two fold:
1) is this legal to do without any sort of permit?
2) the flight is is about 16 hours. What’s the best way to package and insulate anything i might purchase?

Thanks!
 
I believe you would need some sort of import/export license. But I also would like to know the complete process
 
Hi, guys. Each year my girlfriend and I try to take a big trip. We’ve both wanted to go to Australia for a long time. The primary reason we’d be visiting is to the all the wildlife.

As I’ve been browsing youtube I’ve noticed that the reef stores have a ton of unique corals. It seems like an amazing opportunity to ship back some cool specimens.

So my questions are two fold:
1) is this legal to do without any sort of permit?
2) the flight is is about 16 hours. What’s the best way to package and insulate anything i might purchase?

Thanks!

In the States, for personal use, one can bring in/import up to 8 corals. But, customs has the right to say at 8 corals you maybe conducting business to sell so 6 here would be safe bet.
Check Australia's laws on personal use of live corals. Better if you email them, to many import/export law. Do your homework. Let us know. Comrade
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new