Bringing the ocean to me

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and I are new to reefing. We are starting with a 40 g breeder and interested in corals and fish. We know this is an expensive and educational hobby, but we want to bring the ocean to us and keep a piece of it close. We live in Florida and definitely have noticed the decline in reefs. We want to keep the experience alive in our own home.
IMG_8134.jpeg

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome to R2R! I checked many sites for used equipment when I got back into the hobby. I did purchase an Abyzz 100 pump as I figured having a 180 reliability was crucial.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and I are new to reefing. We are starting with a 40 g breeder and interested in corals and fish. We know this is an expensive and educational hobby, but we want to bring the ocean to us and keep a piece of it close. We live in Florida and definitely have noticed the decline in reefs. We want to keep the experience alive in our own home.
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Some good beginner corals are zoanthids, Green star polyps, taro trees, leather corals, and devils hands. Some beginner fish would be royal grammas, firefish/purple firefish, clownfish, tailspot blennies, and many others. Just make sure your fish are reef safe because your corals could be eaten!
welcometuna.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back