Bristle-worm Infestation

AAReef13

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
5
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has always some bristle-worms, but I really only saw them a couple times for the first year of my tank. In the past 2-3 months, i've noticed the population of them skyrocket. I see them during the day, during feeding, during the night. Some of them are getting huge. I see them all the time and while I know that they aren't bad to have, I really don't like seeing them as much as I do.Weird looking. I'm now looking for ways to get limit their numbers. I got an arrow crab today, a fairly small one, but did more
research and found a lot of people saying they just kill fish. I've got a Green Mandarin who is doing well but is slow and I don’t want him to become lunch. Does their slime coat help against crabs? I also have a cleaner goby who is small and slow. Any suggestions are appreciated.

75C5AD97-94C6-4BB1-91EE-8C95D919EBD3.jpeg 315AF410-1B22-43FC-8173-231229E5E3EA.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new