Bristle worm tank tear down

Fishlover56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya
my tank has a big bristleworm problem and i mean big the two fish are only gonna be in for another four weeks before they are transfered so when it comes to tank tear down can i crash the tank like cause a giant ammonia spike because i hate worms Of course all the fish And coral will be Out the tank so would the spike kill them off i counted like six babes i only have a coral beauty and a clownfish
thanks

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may hate hem but bristle worms a a benifical part of the clean up crew. Arrow crabs are fun to watch tearing them apart and eating them.

Arlen nemeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya
my tank has a big bristleworm problem and i mean big the two fish are only gonna be in for another four weeks before they are transfered so when it comes to tank tear down can i crash the tank like cause a giant ammonia spike because i hate worms Of course all the fish And coral will be Out the tank so would the spike kill them off i counted like six babes i only have a coral beauty and a clownfish
thanks
Get either a sixline wrasse or a melanurus wrasse it eill eat then

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen bristle worms survive almost anything. My guess is they will be unaffected by ammonia. If you want to kill them all the best bet is to kill all your rock and sand and start over. If you want to manage them I would add a predator like an arrow crab, wrasse or trigger fish.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't touch anything, with them on it.the little hairs go in my skin and I develop bumps that goes deep in my skin..It takes a week for them to dry up and go away.With peeling skin on my finger tips.I hate them.

OP
OP
F

Fishlover56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks alot guys cuase of birtstleworms the only thing now im gonna move is coral and fish no rock and the old rock i will probably just let it dry and same for the sand i will just let it dry out should i be concerned about them attacking the fish they are 1/4 inch and are not the fire one that is dangerous

this is the only thing that makes me struggle is the worms they are my biggest fear yet i wouldn't mind a 14 foot snake on me

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks alot guys cuase of birtstleworms the only thing now im gonna move is coral and fish no rock and the old rock i will probably just let it dry and same for the sand i will just let it dry out should i be concerned about them attacking the fish they are 1/4 inch and are not the fire one that is dangerous

this is the only thing that makes me struggle is the worms they are my biggest fear yet i wouldn't mind a 14 foot snake on me
I’ll be honest. Just get over it. If you plan on buying more corals that have any amount of rock attached to it then you WILL end up with the bristle worms again. They are a good thing to have. If you’re allergic then wear gloves. Diversity is good unless you are referring to disease and parasites.
Peace!

OP
OP
F

Fishlover56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True i should thanks guys also its quite funny how i start talking about them then they hide again when i check the tank again

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big ones give me the creeps, I don’t mind smaller ones. You can try to reduce the population by setting up bristleworms traps.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back