Bristleworms

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alwmh4
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alwmh4

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
261
Reaction score
27
Location
Abingdon, Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done corals in qt with bristleworms in areas I can't reach. Very small worms too. What can I treat them with to kill those worms? Revive I don't think works. I have bayer and levamisole as well. Never used either on anything so I'm apprehensive. These are sps mostly with a couple lps.
Thank you
 
Revive definitely hasn't worked on my bristle worms. If you're sure they're common bristle worms why not leave them.
 
I guess it's a personal thing. I strongly dislike them. When I started my nano my skins would crawl when I saw HUGE worms come out even in "day time" to puck up food. Theses guys were maybe 7-8" long. I have a nice tank I started w dry rock and sand this time to prevent hitchhikers. Not only did I dislike the looks of them but my buttons suffered for a long time after putting endless time into catching dozens of them, the buttons started thriving. No true evidence or anything but I'm convinced that they were harming my buttons.
 
I use peroxide to dip all my corals? I use 5-1 ratio but I only have manly zoas and acans
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new