Brittle star bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alwmh4
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alwmh4

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
261
Reaction score
27
Location
Abingdon, Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read opposing thoughts on this. These guys showed up with my coral order. Do I put in my tank? Does it pose zero threat? Or like some people say, will eat fish and smother coral?
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 232
So I turn the rock over to look at the stars when I see a speckled color mostly white slug looking thing squirm back in the rock. Ideas?
 
Did it look kind of like a fingernail with a slug attached to it? If so then that would be a stomatella. Reed safe and a great CUC. Search google
 
All I saw as it was disappearing was a slug like movement back into the crack of the rock piece that my coral was attached too. I didn't see anything hard. But I now it disappeared into a small crevis. When I fist spotted it, the slug like part was about the size of a quarter. Flat against rock. I have it in a Tupperware inside tank. Lights about to go off so it's decision time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new