Brittle Star Behavior

  • Thread starter Thread starter chiefifd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chiefifd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
301
Reaction score
170
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone observed Brittle Star's seemingly standing upright on coral and releasing some type of cloudy substance from their I assume mouth.
I know I have a number of Brittle Star's in my tank, but never witnessed this behavior. Nor the number of Brittle Star's that came out of hiding after a water change. Usually only see the legs dandling form crevices or inside of the pump housings when cleaning.

tempImagetTio2i.png tempImageqGHLBM.png tempImageofOCn0.png
 
I've never witness so many Brittle Star's come out and literary stand up. There must have been a dozen of them at one time. Wish I could have gotten better photo's, it didn't last long but, yes it was very cool!
There must have been 25 at least out, just checked, it's been about 3 hours since they came out. Not seeing one Brittle Star now! LOL
Thanks for replying :)
Oh my tank is a 90 gallon one
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new