Brittle star hiding

cody_forshee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 29, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
rochester ny
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a brittle star fish in my tank for about a month and I’ve only seen him out once when he was switching hiding spots. He’s moved twice. Is this normal? I’ve been spot feeding him since I’ve had him because I was nervous he wasn’t eating.
 
If you have other livestock in your tank that you feed he's probably living off the leftovers. Wait till lights out and try looking for him then!
 
That’s pretty much all mine do - they just pick a spot and catch food from there.
Welcome to the forum!
 
I added my CUC a week ago, which included 1 brittle star that I saw moving the moment I entered it in the tank and never saw it again. I have some thick sand and a lot of macroalgae. I guess it living its life somewhere in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new