Brittle Star Spawn

  • Thread starter Thread starter BBoley24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
463
Location
Past the wall
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Excuse my going nuts. My reef was under attack.

Mini Brittle Star Spawn... - YouTube

IMAG0817.jpg

IMAG0818.jpg

IMAG0819.jpg

IMAG0820.jpg

IMAG0821.jpg
 
My tank is completely milk. I run carbon, skim and have a starphire front glass. Plus I just did a water change. Now it is very similar to what you see there.
 
Awesome. I hope your livestock makes it through. I had this happen to me before in the past and in my case, it was instigated by a sudden drop in SG. My ATO malfunctioned and flooded my tank with freshwater. A few moments later......mass spawning. I didn't have any problems with my livestock (without a water change or carbon) so hopefully your stuff will be fine.

I thought it was cool the way they stood on their tippy-toes.....reminded me of the robot invaders in war of the worlds.
 
Do you think it will have an adverse effect on my livestock!? It was definitely because of a water change.
 
Interesting, but kinda creepy. It looks like a Sci-Fi movie waiting to be made, hahah.

I hope all goes well with the clean up process!
 
That is a lot of star fish! :tongue:
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new