Brittle stars

  • Thread starter Thread starter ClownStar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ClownStar

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
alabama
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if you guys can drop some pictures of the brittle stars that are safe and unsafe, I put one in my tank and I’m unsure if it was the safe one for my fish. Thanks
 
The black, banded and beige brittle starfish are all reef-safe (they're scavengers, primarily nocturnal and you'll rarely see them).

A-664.jpg
blk-brittle-star-rdy.jpg
 
Welcome to the forum!
There are many species, so it would probably be easiest for you to post a picture of yours to identify. I don’t have any pics of mine, it never leaves its rock. It is brown with darker bands and “fuzzy” arms.
I’m pretty sure the green ones are the only non reef safe ones.
 
Welcome to the forum!
There are many species, so it would probably be easiest for you to post a picture of yours to identify. I don’t have any pics of mine, it never leaves its rock. It is brown with darker bands and “fuzzy” arms.
I’m pretty sure the green ones are the only non reef safe ones.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 148
Welcome to the forum!
There are many species, so it would probably be easiest for you to post a picture of yours to identify. I don’t have any pics of mine, it never leaves its rock. It is brown with darker bands and “fuzzy” arms.
I’m pretty sure the green ones are the only non reef safe ones.
The picture didn’t load but it’s attached to the response before this onr
 
Just found this little guy while dipping. Safe for the reef tank, I wonder?
 

Attachments

  • 456454201_2609135612592385_2799673312901746501_n.jpg
    456454201_2609135612592385_2799673312901746501_n.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 96

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new