Brittle worm or fireworm?

Rumblykibles74

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Secret
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I just discovered this nasty looking pest in my sand and come to realize that they were living on my live rock. I immediately took of the rock and got as many as I can out of the substrate. I have fairly new dry rock so I dint think there living there but I did check anyways and there seems to be nothing. I just wanna know are these the bad type of pest or the good type?

BE601005-6C63-4D8C-9BF4-A7CFA756A505.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.mov
    51.4 MB
Sorry for typing the name bristle worm wrong
 
Ouch and it came from my iPhone 12. Yeah I zoomed it in from the original picture

No offense against you! Just hard to tell from pics sometimes. I don't think it looks like a fireworm but it's really hard to tell without some more images. You could try and get it out and isolate for better photos. (Use tweezers and gloves just in case)
 
No offense against you! Just hard to tell from pics sometimes. I don't think it looks like a fireworm but it's really hard to tell without some more images. You could try and get it out and isolate for better photos. (Use tweezers and gloves just in case)
Well I can’t see any in my tank anymore cause I literally killed all the ones I saw but if I do remember correctly, if I flash the light at them there legs are kinda reflective and there Body is small and red
 
No offense against you! Just hard to tell from pics sometimes. I don't think it looks like a fireworm but it's really hard to tell without some more images. You could try and get it out and isolate for better photos. (Use tweezers and gloves just in case)
Would these help?

10688A8B-A648-4500-9112-883DAFB33555.jpeg E3D48BAB-E6F8-4215-8C4B-96F5C414AB13.jpeg
 
+1 for usual Bristle worm
 
Oh ok thank you guys, sorry for now responding I fell asleep
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new