Broken Bowerbanki

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ambones
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ambones

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2023
Messages
13
Reaction score
29
Location
Vancouver
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team,

I broke a bit of the skeleton of one of my bowerbankis when mounting the other day and now it's hanging loose (see picture attached).

I would appreciate any advice on whether I should cut off the broken bit (the flesh so it won't hang any more) or just leave it and see if it somehow heals. I just don't want the whole head to die off on it's own.

Thanks in advance.
1000005104.jpg
1000005103.jpg
 
I have successfully fragged a wall bubble with this kind of incident.

It looks like you will get a living frag, or else if it Heals in place it will be a distorted head?

I think it will decide for you and survive either way.
 
It looks healthy I think it will heal which ever you decide to do. I would probably leave just out of curiosity to see what happens.
 
I did this to an acan once skeleton broke and was hanging on by a tiny piece of flesh. I separated it and glued what looked like a rainbow booger to a frag disc. Both healed and the booger now has 2 heads
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new