Broken Eheim inner glass tube... still safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JTP424
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JTP424

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2022
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
3,231
Location
US
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just looking for opinions, I'm typically the first to say just toss and buy a replacement in these situations...

-Dropped my glass heater, exterior tube did not bust, inner tube seems to have cracked etc.
Submerged in water overnight and it nothing entered it.
Thoughts on if it's safe to use?

20260126_092734.jpg
 
You looking for a professional opinion or some bro science?
 
You looking for a professional opinion or some bro science?
Fair question.
I guess I won't use it as a standard, but won't throw it out until I buy a replacement for it :)
I.E. won't use it unless NEEDED :)
Thanks @lapin
 
Sorry for the mishap, but I wouldn't use it. It's there for a reason.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new