Broken Reefwave45

BobaF99

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
32
Reaction score
33
Location
Chapel Hill, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Reefer G2+ 750 system recently and it came with two Reefwave45s. Everything went in fine, connected to the app with no issues and even looked "cool" according to my 7 year old. When I got enough water in the tank, I tried them out. Using a premade wave program, I hit go. The controllers lit up and water started to move. Well.... water on one side started to move. I noticed one was not moving. I tried power cycling, swapping controllers, and resetting. Nothing worked. The problem was discovered upon dissembling the unit. Turns out its magnetic shaft was seized and part of the ceramic shaft was broken. You can see in the pictures that it looks like part of the motor got so hot it melted and fused to the magnet. Perhaps the broken shaft piece jammed the rotor causing it to heat up and seize? Who knows. Now I just have to wait for Red Sea to send a new motor. Good thing the tank is still cycling and has nothing in it. Red Sea support was a breeze to deal with. Sent them the pics and all they asked for was my mailing address for a replacement.

20240806_224654.jpg 20240806_224828.jpg 20240806_224844.jpg pro-nUmXy854.jpeg pro-rj7jLemu.jpeg
 
Glad they got you taken care of!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new