Bronc's 25g Reef Build

IMG_3454.JPG
FTS from Sept 21st
 
Looking great Bronc! I'm sorry for your fish loses. Did the goby get velvet? I love how you've been added a lot of coral variety. How is the water profile these days? I'm trying to hold off on adding more SPS but I couldn't resist the Doral Dudes sale over the weekend and...lol.
 
Looking great Bronc! I'm sorry for your fish loses. Did the goby get velvet? I love how you've been added a lot of coral variety. How is the water profile these days? I'm trying to hold off on adding more SPS but I couldn't resist the Doral Dudes sale over the weekend and...lol.
It was either velvet or the Banded Coral Shrimp that was killing fish, so he got flushed. Everything else is doing well. I had decided to increase all of my parameters to match the Red Sea Pro Salt, but after reading a bunch of Randy's articles I decided to change back to more standard parameters. Still fine tuning them now and getting the dosing pump dialed in. Should be nice and stable by next week. I'd like to find some small Millepora colonies to add soon, too.
 
You are giving me the fever to set up my 20 gal. I have a 20 and a 40 that I am dying to set up, but one at a time. My main tank is still a work in progress. Your tank looks great though. Really like your coral selection and the scape.
 
You are giving me the fever to set up my 20 gal. I have a 20 and a 40 that I am dying to set up, but one at a time. My main tank is still a work in progress. Your tank looks great though. Really like your coral selection and the scape.
Thanks, I really appreciate it! I'm dying to get a 75. Soon, soon..
 
Well, I bought a used 75g tank with sump today!! I resisted the urge to install it immediately and plan to to clean it up, re-stain it, seal the inside of the stand and hood, replace the hinges, mount electrical, etc. I'll definitely be starting a new build thread soon!!

IMG_0133.JPG
 
Great find on the 75g tank and stand! Following!
 
The 25g tank is officially shut down. I moved everything to the 75g tank today!


IMG_3573.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new