Brown Polyps

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would dumping skimmate from a heavily loaded fish system be a solution?

I am working very hard to keep my achillies from catching ich and that is why I have kept my frag system fishless for the last year.
Yes, but there are other benefits to having a few fish in that frag tank in the form of pest control. If you copper quarantine any new fish or buy them already quarantined like Dr reef, you don't need to worry about ich. Adding a few flatworm/redbug/nudi predators like the springeri damsel or sixline wrasse could stave off an outbreak before it wreaks havoc if a dip misses an egg.

OP
OP
ReefHunter006

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but there are other benefits to having a few fish in that frag tank in the form of pest control. If you copper quarantine any new fish or buy them already quarantined like Dr reef, you don't need to worry about ich. Adding a few flatworm/redbug/nudi predators like the springeri damsel or sixline wrasse could stave off an outbreak before it wreaks havoc if a dip misses an egg.
I agree, but that only works if I buy QTd coral too. That’s where my problem arises because I already purchase all my fish QTd from dr reef. I would love to add fish, but there are not many options when it comes to high end tenuis and QT.

:(

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would dumping skimmate from a heavily loaded fish system be a solution?

I am working very hard to keep my achillies from catching ich and that is why I have kept my frag system fishless for the last year.
I wouldn't advocate "dumping", maybe something more along the lines of dosing. But as I type that it sounds a little crazy. :)

OP
OP
ReefHunter006

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't advocate "dumping", maybe something more along the lines of dosing. But as I type that it sounds a little crazy. :)
Well, guess I will try “dosing” 100ml of skimmate a day.

Back