Brown slime help please!

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been googling away trying to figure out what this could be with no luck.. one thing to note, the tank has been without water changes for a solid 4-5 months. That’s besides the point, I just want to know what I’m battling I do believe a shrimp/goby pair died in the tank shortly after I put them in months back since they disappeared. I’m in the process of trying to revive this system and knowing what I’m up against will help determine the battle plan.

One more important piece of info is that the water is pretty cloudy. It was really bad for a couple weeks and then it cleared up on its own but since I did a water change 3 days ago it seems to be getting cloudy again.

4CFAFBE6-B77E-4A16-924C-6AACA4A5725D.jpeg 3B92BA8D-0F8F-46CA-8DAB-8DF13B792C28.jpeg

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious - does this vacuum off the rocks really easily? I had something that looked like this all over a tank (no cloudy water) and it vacuumed off really easily and has not come back nearly as bad after I vacuumed it.

OP
OP
Mandrew

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious - does this vacuum off the rocks really easily? I had something that looked like this all over a tank (no cloudy water) and it vacuumed off really easily and has not come back nearly as bad after I vacuumed it.
Yes it comes off real easy with the siphon. I’ve cleaned it up once before pretty good but then stopped focusing on the tank and it came back with the cloudy water. I’d almost bet If I cleaned it up real good again and kept up on my water changes I could keep it away or at least manage it really well.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back