Brown spots on Tang

Hotelbravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220620_111308.jpg
20220620_111311.jpg

These spots keep showing up on this tang for about 2 weeks at a time and then go away before returning again after another few weeks. what is this?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had this fish?
It looks like mechanical damage/bruising but that shouldn’t come and go like that!

Jay

OP
OP
Hotelbravo

Hotelbravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had this fish?
It looks like mechanical damage/bruising but that shouldn’t come and go like that!

Jay
I have had for about 2 months. not sure what could have caused it. he is kind of the bully of the tank already and nothing but the maroon will even dare challenge him.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had for about 2 months. not sure what could have caused it. he is kind of the bully of the tank already and nothing but the maroon will even dare challenge him.

Typically, those diffuse bruises come from netting and holding onto the fish as it struggles. But, as I mentioned, that won't come and go like that.

You don't see any meandering track marks under the skin do you? That is "filigree disease" caused by burrowing nematodes. It can cause localized trauma, but you would be able to see the burrows like little lines.

I don't think this is from skin flukes, too localized for that, flukes are more randomly distributed.

Sorry, I'm not sure what this is ....

Jay

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 73 40.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back