BROWN WEB LIKE STUFF ON SAND BED

Simon_Goffen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Recently my sand bed is covered with this brown stuff..i have mainly LPS and my parameters are good. Nitrate <2, Phosphate <.02, calcium 400 - 420, KH 6dkh. There are no bubbles on the tip of brown web like..there are few bubbles on the back wall..but without the brown stuff...the brown stuff is mainly covering the sand bed and not live rock..my corals are doing fine. But not happy as they are supposed to be. Tank 55 gallon with 20 gallon sump with cheato. I have 3inch of sand which am planning to reduce to 1inch. The sand is quite old, almost 2yrs. I used to do weekly water change but as my nutrients are low am planning to do bi weekly water change. What could be this stuff? Cyano, dino or something else. Attach is the image for reference. Thank you guys!!

Screenshot_20200824-134914_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200824-134848_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200824-134901_Gallery.jpg

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like dinoflagellates. Plenty of info on Reef2Reef on ways to handle. I think the prevailing thought is to raise you NO3 & PO4. It worked for me when I was fighting them about two or three years ago.

RedTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like dinoflagellates. Plenty of info on Reef2Reef on ways to handle. I think the prevailing thought is to raise you NO3 & PO4. It worked for me when I was fighting them about two or three years ago.
This worked for me as well and no water changes. Good luck.

OP
OP
S

Simon_Goffen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for your reply..So how did you raise your NO3 & PO4...its hard to find additives here...

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add more fish and feed more and or use products such as Brightwell Aquatics NeoNitro and NeoPhos. You can also search R2R on ways to make your own additives.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 73 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.6%
Back