Browned out WWC frags have colored up. Help ID please.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be grateful for help with possible ID's for the frags in the video. I know that they are WWC frags, but had no ID, and no color when I purchased them at my LFS. They have colored up nicely in my tank over the past 6 to 8 weeks.
I pause for a few seconds on the frags in question in the video.
Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Seancj

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not doing anything special. I run a very simple reef.
4 really old Kessil A360WE's run full spectrum most of the day with ramp up and down. 2 ATI Blue Plus T5's. 2 LED strip lights with blue and violet LEDS.
I dose All For Reef for a period when lights first come on and drip Kalkwasser at night.
Nitrates are usually between 55 and 60 (I don't have a lot of fish, but I do have a lot of big anemones in the tank that get fed every weekend).
20% water change every Saturday.
Phosphate between. O8 and 1.0
PH 8.3
ALK 7.7, trying to bring that up to around 8/8.5 as my SPS collection grows, by slowly increasing the All Four Reef dose.
I don't test for anything else.

OP
OP
Seancj

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is some real fire you got there -- especially at that price.
I got really lucky. I'm amazed at the colors coming out of these frags. I think just about every tenuis I picked os a type of rainbow.

OP
OP
Seancj

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how your LFS makes any profit out of this unless he has a big growout tank or something.
Nope, these frags were basically being liquidated. A large portion of these frags RTN'd shortly after arriving at the store, and those that didn't, browned/greened out. Frags were STN'ing and dieing off every couple of days. They were being sold as is to cut their losses. I took a chance with those that still had full tissue.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, these frags were basically being liquidated. A large portion of these frags RTN'd shortly after arriving at the store, and those that didn't, browned/greened out. Frags were STN'ing and dieing off every couple of days. They were being sold as is to cut their losses. I took a chance with those that still had full tissue.
You made out really really well. Beautiful pieces with awesome colors.

OP
OP
Seancj

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've sent the video to WWC and waiting to hear back. No one here can hazard a guess at what these may be?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC not only sells named frags, but also imports, chops and sells. There is no guarantee that any of them have names and stuff. If they did not come with names and lineage then they likely do not have any. Most vendors are not in the habit of liquidating named pieces anyway.

OP
OP
Seancj

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had names when being sold at the New York show. A list with ID was provided by WWC, but was lost during travel from New York to Florida and then back to KC. LFS owner bought out all the remaining frags at the end of show and brought them back to KC. He does that alot. WWC was not liquidating the frags but did sell the end of show frags at a package discount. My LFS is the one liquidating them due to their condition and there being no way to ID them.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had names when being sold at the New York show. A list with ID was provided by WWC, but was lost during travel from New York to Florida and then back to KC. LFS owner bought out all the remaining frags at the end of show and brought them back to KC. He does that alot. WWC was not liquidating the frags but did sell the end of show frags at a package discount. My LFS is the one liquidating them due to their condition and there being no way to ID them.
Ah that does make sense to me now. That is a pretty common practice at shows. All that time in transit and outside the home system is stressful on the corals.

OP
OP
Seancj

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no reply from WWC. I'll try again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back